Friday 20 May 2016

Tokyo fun...



What can I say, this was an interesting trip! My husband travels a lot with work and Japan came up it was definitely one I wanted to join him on. I knew my husband would be at work in the day so I would have to look after myself in a new city and find my way around. I am used to doing this as we lived in London. But little did I know that being English would make this harder than I thought!

When we arrived in Tokyo one of the best things for me are the taxis! We were waiting in the taxi queue and these old school taxi's were turning up and this happened:



I am not sure if the sound work if it does excuse my tone I just wanted to capture the moment. I am talking to my husband not a random person by the way ha!

How cool is that! I was ready with my phone as you can imagine. Everyone was laughing at me in the queue, but to me this was essential to capture as this will for sure be the case all over the world in the future. Also only the door closest to the pavement will open, which makes it very safe but funny when you try to get out and you can't. The drivers all wear suits and gloves too, very smart.




This sticker was on the window of the taxi. This is no joke. They tend to speak very little English. Luckily for me, my husband had been before and his work had told him to print off a map of the hotel where you're staying(make note). Our taxi driver attempted to speak to us in Japanese so we just nodded and pointed at the map. 


On the weekend I thought we would make the most of it and book a trip! We booked Mount Fuji, Hakone, Lake Ashi River Cruise Tour through our hotel:


We got to experience the 'The Bullet Train' it's all in the name! Incredible speed and very spacious for us Tallies! 

When we returned back to Tokyo station with our guide, it was left up to us to get ourselves out of the station and to our hotel. I found it similar to Canary Wharf in that it's all underground and there are many different exits! Only big difference being that none of the signs are in English and it's on a much bigger scale. So as you can imagine this was a fun task. There's aisle after aisle of shops and restaurants. 

We found an amazing tiny steak place before we made it out, we picked it as I saw the word steak on the window and it was English :) It was called 'Ikinari Steak'
You pick your steak from the counter and then they weigh it for you. Check this out:



YUMMY!!!

We finally made it out and things started to look familiar. There seems to be a lot of little shop house type restaurants/bars tucked away along alleyways which you would never know about unless you happen to walk by. Definitely want to come back and explore more!

I also did a day trip to Kamakura, Yokohama and Tokyo Bay. I booked this through Viator. 

Click below:


Here are few pictures from our trip:



One more thing Nobu Tokyo...

This place isn't cheap, but for an occasion is definitely worth a visit. As you can see from the pictures it was yummy! 

As I said earlier, I definitely want to come back and explore Tokyo more but also I would like to visit Kyoto. 
Plus we were due to go snowboarding but I got injured so this is on the to do list next year! Keep checking back on my blog for this...












Share:

No comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig