Wednesday 7 December 2016

Unexpected Visit To Ubud

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

I never got around to blogging about our unexpected visit to Ubud so here it is...

We had planned a trip to Bali for our friends birthday, as you may know I LOVE Bali check out my previous blog:

I Love Bali

We decided to extend our trip and head to Lombok for a few days just me and my husband. Unfortunately one of the volcanoes had erupted causing flights to be cancelled in and out of Bali. So me and my husband thought what do we do now? Then we were looking and friends had suggested Ubud. So we did some research and found 'Padma Ubud', at the time they were doing a soft opening as they hadn't officially opened.

We were in Seminyak, so were picked up from there, it took about an hour to get there. We drove through so many little villages and plus there was a parade going on with lots of people dressed up and singing in the road. Lots of rice paddies...



Then we arrived!


This hotel was surrounded by lush green tress and rice paddies <3 amazing!

My favourite restaurant we went to in 'Ubud' was 'Blanco Par Mandif' it is very unassuming from the outside but once inside it's so cool! What I love is that you sit at the bar and can see into the kitchen. It was 9 courses with wine and cocktail pairings. I have been to places where they do food and wine pairings but not cocktails too, insane! Plus me and my husband had the same set menu but his was presented differently which was amazing as we tried a dish two different ways.


The staff were so lovely and very informative about what we were eating and drinking. At the end of our dinner we were presented with our menu and it had our name on it. Such a nice touch. Check it out here:


We found a cool little coffee shop in Ubud called 'Seniman' they served cashew milk,  I tried a iced mocha with cashew milk, it was yummy. 



You can sit inside or out on the little wooden deck and watch the world go buy. Plus they have a shop opposite where you can purchased coffee, coffee makers etc! Take a look here:


Looking out onto green from their infinity pool each day was bliss...

 

The hotel is now complete and officially open find out more here:



Share:

4 comments

Mapolo.style said...

Beautiful pictures, would love to go to Bali next year ����
Http://Mapolo.style

Shoes and Shades said...

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog! Will check yours out to :)

Unknown said...

Looks like a wonderful place. Great post!

My Fashion musings

Shoes and Shades said...

Glad you liked my post! it really is beautiful!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig