Friday 19 August 2016

2 Day Trip to KL

Kuala Lumpur

My husband has to travel every so often for his job which can have its advantages and disadvantages. This time he had to be in Kuala Lumpur for 2 days. So I thought to myself, I haven't been here before why don't I go along too. It means I get to travel to a new country and not miss out on seeing my husband :).

So off we went...


By chance, the hotel that my husband had booked 'Traders Hotel', turned out to have a rooftop pool and the best view of 'The Petronas Towers' result!



Just to the right of this picture where the red seating is the windows at the top came half way so you could enjoy the breeze and fresh air coming in overhead, the view out on to KL is amazing...


'Traders' also has an amazing gym, weights area, cardio area and a studio! The buffet breakfast is massive and definitely worth a visit!


I spent the first afternoon by the pool watching the world go buy and blogging it was bliss! Then as the afternoon drifted away the music started to play and the vibe at the pool had changed from day to night...


They had happy hour, ladies night offers and a good list of cocktails! I had a fruit punch mocktail which was yummy! The food was also good. We had Chicken Satay to share and Chicken Quesadillas! 

I managed to capture 'The Petronas Towers' from Day to Night...


They really are spectacular!

Find out more about the hotel here:


KLCC Park is right below the hotel which you can take a stroll through over to where 'Suria KLCC' which is a massive shopping centre. 


Suria KLCC Shopping Centre


View of 'Traders Hotel' from the park

In front of the shops is a big lake where they have water shows going on day and night. Similar to Dubai and Vegas but on a smaller scale! 


At the front of the shops I spotted 'Mamasan' restaurant, for those of you who haven't experienced this place it's a must! They have two other amazing restaurant one in Hong Kong and one in Bali. See my blog here:


Check out their website here:




I also spotted a H&M (my fav) behind 'Suria KLCC' at 'Avenue K' which is another shopping centre but a bit smaller. They have the most amazing H&M Home department too, I wanted to buy everything! So much blush, grey, gold, rose gold!!


One thing I will say about KL is to be aware of your safety and people around you, as it is known for pick pockets especially if you are travelling alone.

We didn't get chance to go up 'The Pretronas Towers' so this is on the list for next time :)

Hope you found this helpful!















Share:

No comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig